Skip to main content
leslie0014's profile

Sun, Jul 9, 2017 2:11 AM

Closed

Old URL appears when searching for products in Google search engine - receive page error

Not sure if this belongs in Domain section or here...

Hi,

I made the dumb decision to change my URL so that 'stores' was no longer in it. Updated Network Solutions to point to Bigcommerce. So thankful that Homestead rep assisted with Bigcommerce TXT, A, MX records and such. But I didn't realize at the time how much other stuff was actually involved - I think I've tidied up Google Analytics, Merchant Center, Search Console, and AdWords so they're happy with one another.

1. I'm not sure if it's okay that Homestead still shows URL with 'stores' (screenshot below).

2. I did a Google search for a few of our parts. Results still show 'stores' in URL. When I clicked on them, I got an error message (screenshot below) instead of being directed to current URL.

Is there something I need to do with 301 Directs? They are all dynamic, so I thought they would automatically update. Or maybe I just need to wait a few more days for Google to catch up with the URL change? It has been 3 days since the modification.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated as it currently looks like we're out of order.

Thanks!

This is what it currently looks like in Homestead:

This is a sample of the Google search results:

This is the error message received when clicking on the above links:

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!