Skip to main content

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Closed

Just my opinion

I took some time today to go through the various templates offered in the new websitebuilder and was bothered enough that I felt the need to post.

The new templates seem focused on lots of images and little content.

The navigations on many of them are almost impossible to find. The last thing you want a visitor to have to do is hesitate to find the navigation. It should be very obvious, in their face, and in a location that viewers are familiar with. Beneath the header or on the left side.

Content is king. It's the way Search Engines determine how to rank a site and it's also how visitors decide whether the site is worth their time. Content should begin above the fold (the area that you first see when you open a page). Don't skimp on content in lieu of lots of images.

The new templates can be customized, but my concern is that many people will view those set-ups and figure that since Homestead offered them that way they must be just fine.

Just keep in mind that images slow load time. That is a negative for both visitor and Search Engine and good, original content is a must.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!