Homestead's Search Engine Optimization
A couple weeks ago we introduced you to our Full Service package. A designed website coupled with Search Engine Optimization. It's a great service, but what if you already created a spectacular site on your own? No problem. Read on...
The Importance of Search Engine Optimization
SEO, Search Engine Optimization, is a vital piece in making sure people can find your website in search engines. These days more and more people are using the internet to search for local services and products making it important that your site can be found by your potential customers.
SEO in a nutshell is following search engine’s best practices and keyword research to help people discover your website when they do a search online. The higher your website appears in the results, the more likely you will receive traffic and visitors to your website. Below are some tips you can use in order to make sure your website has the best possible chance at getting found online.
1. Choose the right keywords. First knowing how people search for your business will help determine what to focus on within your website as well as externally. There are some great tools such as Google Keyword Planner or Ahrefs that will give you insights into the most popular terms and an estimate of traffic to your site if you got to the first page of Google. There are other factors such as the competition levels of the keyword, but this is at least a good start into knowing your audience so you plan accordingly.
2. Make your site relevant for keywords. Once you have determined which phrases you want to target, the next step is adding them into your website. Search engines like Google look at everything to determine what to rank you for. Some places to insert your keyword are:
- Content – Writing about your services / products is the easiest way to help search engine pick up keywords for your website. The more you can write, the more relevant Google will think you are. Make sure you make your content easy to read, but focus around the keywords you want to rank for. This may mean you will need to create a few more pages in order to cover all your products and services. Also DON’T just stuff keywords into your pages. Search engine want to see that your content is readable for a good visitor experience. They know when you are trying to beat the system and can penalize you for it.
- Meta Data – There are places where you can enter keywords into the backend of your website. Specifically you want to focus on adding good keywords into the Page Titles of each page of your site. Make sure the keywords are relevant to that page. Ex. If you are trying to rank for Plumber Phoenix, have that phrase be optimized on a plumbing page or services page. If those keywords show up in the page title and content of that specific page, you will have a better chance at ranking for it.
3. Start Building trust. Once your website is relevant for the keywords you want to target, the last step is building backlinks to your site. A backlink is getting another website online to post a link on their website that goes back to yours. The more of these you can build, the more trust a search engine will have for your site and the higher you will rank for the keywords you want to target. Places you can build backlinks are:
a. Directories – Try and find directories within your industry.
b. Articles Sites - Having written articles about your industry will not only help you be an expert in your field, but also build trust to increase your rankings.
c. Social Networks - Building an audience through Facebook is a great way to help increase your brand awareness and build backlinks to your website anytime you make a post.
There are thousands of sites you can submit your website to in order to get backlinks to your website. This can be a fairly time consuming task, but is needed in order to outrank your competitors. Make sure you look for quality sites to submit your website to and keep at it. Every month you will want to continue to build trust until you start seeing results.
Let Us Do This For You
If you would rather have some professionals increase your rankings online, our team of experts are here for you. Work with a dedicated marketing manager who will work with you on building traffic to your website. This process involves:
- Initial welcome call to go over your business goals and who an ideal customer is.
- Keyword research to determine what people are typing into search engines to find you.
- Implementing the relevant keywords and phrases into your website
- Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
- H1 Tags
- Content Density
- Monthly backlinking to start moving your website up in rankings
SEO is an ongoing task so it’s important that we continue to work on your site and build trust to get you to the top of the search engines. Your dedicated marketing manager will work with you closely during the entire process and even go over monthly progress so you know where you stand. A marketing portal will be set up for you so you can also view your traffic and rankings anytime.
Take the guesswork out of growing your online business and let us help get you to where you need to be. You are an expert in your industry. Let us be the expert in helping people find you.