J

6 Messages

• 

132 Points

Fri, Oct 8, 2021 3:11 AM

website not loading

Hello - is there some sort of outage - my website www.antsmediaasia.com has been very slow for a few days - is it loading elsewhere ?

Many thanks for any info 

cheers Justin 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

2.8K Messages

• 

71.8K Points

2 m ago

Hello, 

Your site is loading for me but does take some time. However, you just have your domain registered through us. I would recommend contacting Hostgator about site slowness. 

6 Messages

• 

132 Points

2 m ago

Hi Elizabeth - this is all very confusing and hard to sort out on the phone (the office always seems closed when I call from Asia) 

My site is registered through Tucows, hosted on HostGator (so I really don't know what Homestead is charging me $50 USD a month for to be honest) 

I've been a loyal customer for over a decade and would love some actual way to get in touch with someone.

Everyone else has chat - why don't you ?

Thanks 

Brand User

2.8K Messages

• 

71.8K Points

You have 6 websites created on the account. Two domain names are still present on the account, although it looks like you may have transferred one of them in the past month, so I would recommend deleting that one from the account. antsmediaasia.com is registered through us, through Tucows. I would recommend performing some maintenance on the account to remove any domains or websites you no longer need. Let me know when you're done and I'll let you know how much we can downgrade your account/billing from the current $25.99/month. 

6 Messages

• 

132 Points

Hi Elyzabeth,

Thanks for the info.

I've tried to delete things and it seems "all or nothing" 

There is NOT an easy way to delete things from what I can see.

Live Chat would be a good thing to have BTW - I'm based in Asia so your phone support is useless for me unless I want to stay up till midnight.

Thanks Justin

Brand User

2.8K Messages

• 

71.8K Points

You can delete a domain name from the Domains tab. You can choose the "Delete Site" option for each individual site in the Websites Manager tab. The only site you will not be able to delete is one with a domain on it. 
I understand your frustration, but we used to have Live chat and it was discontinued due to lack of use. From your profile, it looks like you're in Hong Kong. If that is true, we are open from 9:00 PM-8:00 AM your time if you need to call.