techwtr's profile

48 Messages

• 

724 Points

Sun, May 15, 2022 4:23 PM

The certificate for smtp.homestead.com expired yesterday, May 14 at 7:00 pm

The certificate for smtp.homestead.com expired yesterday, May 14 at 7:00 pm.  Please renew it.  Thank you.

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

Il y a 2 m

Hello, 

Our certificate is not expired. Where are you seeing this message?

48 Messages

• 

724 Points

@elyzabethv​ 

On Saturday, when sending an email via popmail from my Mac computer and afrom my iPad, I received a message saying the identity of "smtp.homestead.com" cannot be verified , and on the iPad the message said the certificate for .homestead.com had expired on May 14, 2022 at 7:00 pm.  On my Mac, I had to override security to send an email. On my iPad, I just got the message again.  See attached.

(edited)

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

I would recommend restarting the application or the device the application is on. 

48 Messages

• 

724 Points

After restarting both my iPad and iPhone, I still continue to get the same untrusted error when sending email on BOTH devices from ONE of my homestead-hosted emails (the same email on both devices). Below are screen captures of the details from each device.  I don't know what's happening on the Mac; since I overrode the trust error on Saturday evening to send an email, outgoing emails are working fine, but I can't find any way to view the certificate it's using.

(edited)

Brand User

524 Messages

• 

25K Points

Hello,

We have reached out to make sure our certificate has properly renewed. Restarting the program and/or client is an attempt to refresh the renewed certificate, but if the error still disallows you to send we can recommend re-setting up the Email address in the client once more to see if that resolves the issue.

48 Messages

• 

724 Points

The expired certificate is actually being reported on my iPad and iPhone on iOS 15.4.1, AND my iMac on Mac OS 12.3.1.  I can find the expired certificate (expired May 14 at 7:00 pm) on my iMac as well.  What caused this?  I can find no way at all to update this certificate on an iPad, iPhone, or iMac.  I shouldn't have to delete my email account on THREE different devices.

17 Messages

• 

392 Points

Il y a 2 m

Good Morning. That message is a surprise to me, also. I did not send it.

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

No, this is something another customer posted. 

17 Messages

• 

392 Points

I have a problem with my website that has gone on for two weeks now and I have two vendors pointing at each other as the problem. I think it may be a Homestead issue and while I could spend a lot of time typing out what has been going on, I must ask if there is a human I can speak with as the issue is very complex to describe and something changed in the last two weeks to create the problem.

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

Is it the "double header" issue? Did you see my response from this morning?

17 Messages

• 

392 Points

I saw your response, thanks for that as it makes sense. I still have a stinker of an issue. How do you want to proceed?

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

Ok, no worries. If you would like to speak with someone, you can call 1-800-710-1998

48 Messages

• 

724 Points

Il y a 1 m

My experience--on my iPad, iPhone, and iMac--has been that, if my email accounts were configured with Port 587 for the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), then I would get a "Not Trusted" error when trying to send email, and the details on the error would point to an expired certificate that expired May 14, 2022 at 7:00 pm.  No amount of restarts of the email apps or the devices resolved the problem on any of the three devices.

However, if I changed the Port to 465 in the configuration for each email account, I no longer got the "Not Trusted" error on any of the three devices for both of my email accounts.

So, my uneducated guess is that Homestead is still providing its old, expired certificate when we attempt to send mail using Port 587, but is providing the new, renewed certificate when we send mail using Port 465.

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Il y a 1 m

I've been having the same issue. I deleted account and restarted and still have the problem. I will try changing ports.