S

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 7:57 PM

subdomain changes

Hello, my three domains are pointing to a 'Homestead Site'..... I do not have a site. How do I change this 'pointing'?

E.G. www.mistersaltman.com is a website hosted with Shopify. How do I point this to the original website? Now I see a 404 error....!!

Q 2: How do I move domain < www.bonairesalt.com > to another owner? 

Thanks very much, best regards, Sjoerd

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

2.8K Messages

• 

71.8K Points

2 m ago

Hello, 

It looks like you got mistersaltman.com to work. 

You can transfer a domain to another host by following these instructions:

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host | Homestead Community

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

Hi Elizabeth, thanks. Yes the host is Shopify and the shop is 'running' but my email address need to stay with Homestead.....correct?

It is also about www.bonairesalt.com This domain will go (is already??) to a new owner..... Aug. 17 I received a notification from Tucow. However, the domain is still 'on the list' and connected to a site I do not have.... The third one is www.bonaireairlines.com. I like to keep this domain without any connection or whatoever.... Is this possible? Thanks very much, best Sjoerd

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

Elizabeth, I tried the 'unlocking'.....is does not work 'try again later'..... I cannot check the new owner name (if it is done) also for www.bonairesalt.com 

Brand User

2.8K Messages

• 

71.8K Points

If you want to still use email through Homestead, then yes. The email DNS would need to point to us. Since the nameservers for this domain are not with Homestead, you would need to update these through your hosting company:

DNS Records for Homestead Email | Homestead Community

As for bonaireairlines.com, you currently have it set up to point to the mistersaltman.com domain. Is this not what you want? We can park the domain, but email would not work anymore. You can remove the domain forwarding and it will not point to any site but will bring up an error page from Homestead. 

For  bonairesalt.com, if you have already transferred the domain to someone else and it is no longer needed, you can delete it from your account:

Account: Delete a Domain Name | Homestead Community