chad4476's profile

21 Messages

• 

450 Points

Fri, May 27, 2022 6:03 PM

SPF Alignment

I have moved Nameservers to Cloudflare as recommended elsewhere in this forum so I could set up DKIM. That seems to be working fine. I have edited SPF record as recommended. SPF Authentication is working. But we still intermittently fail SPF Alignment. It appears that Homestead-hosted email goes out through eigbox.net (and 66.96.128.0/18 is included in our SPF record). Sometimes the return-path is shown as "sunsetbuilderssupply.com" and SPF Alignment passes; at other times, return-path is shown as "bosmailoutNN@eigbox.net" and SPF Alignment fails. It is seemingly random. Dmarc still passes because I've set p=none in the _dmarc record. But how do we get return-path to show correctly as "sunsetbuilderssupply.com" every time so we pass SPF Alignment every time? I would like to be able to set p=strict in _dmarc to prevent spoofing, but I cannot do that until I can rely on passing SPF Alignment.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

5.6K Messages

• 

98.6K Points

3 m ago

Hello, 

Unfortunately, this is likely due to the fact that we use a shared server and constantly rotate out IP addresses. If this is causing issues for you, I might suggest using a premium email service like Google Workspace. 

21 Messages

• 

450 Points

3 m ago

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to use Google Workspace for one @sunsetbuilderssupply.com email address and leave all the other email addresses on Homestead's  IMAP/SMTP servers? The cost of moving all the email addresses to Google Workspace adds up fast. I'm most concerned that the address used to send out invoices and statements to customers consistently pass all Dmarc checks, so I can enable a Dmarc policy of p=quarantine or p=reject (not p=strict as I stated originally).

Brand User

5.6K Messages

• 

98.6K Points

Yes! You can set up one address through Google Workspace through Homestead and have the rest with Roundcube.