barbara0463_a33eb9's profile

11 Messages

• 

358 Points

Sun, Dec 5, 2021 5:38 PM

Many Recipients are Not Receiving our Emails, or Going to Spam

We've had a periodic problem with recipients not getting our emails or they go to spam, but it seems to be happening a lot more recently. I've noticed virtually all of our emails going to Yahoo addresses are ending up in their spam, even if we've emailed them in the past. Other outreach to people we have not communicated with since before the pandemic is just not being received at all - not even going to spam. Please help - it is all three emails associated with our domain: info@chumashmuseum.org, education@chumashmuseum.org, visit@chumashmuseum.org.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

11 Messages

• 

358 Points

2 m ago

Just an update - I tried to send an email to one of our emails from my Yahoo account and it was kicked back with this message:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
554: bosimpinc01 bizsmtp Connection refused. 74.6.134.42 is blacklisted.

36 Messages

• 

420 Points

@barbara0463_a33eb9

Go to your Cloudflare account and go to your DNS settings. You'll probably notice there will be no DKIM setting. No one can tell me why or even fix the issue. It took me weeks of research to figure this out. Go to https://www.mail-tester.com/ to confirm the issue. Homestead IT techs are useless to fix this issue. We are reaching out to other email hosts. BTW I've had Homestead for over 10 years. This is a new problem.

Brand User

3.4K Messages

• 

77.7K Points

@debbie1970 Not all Homestead customers use Cloudflare and not all customers need a DKIM. If you do have a Cloudflare account and you do have a DKIM, that will need to be added manually because Homestead doesn't support them. 

36 Messages

• 

420 Points

Users of the original system were given Cloudflare so we could have an SSL. Saying Homestead doesn't support DKIMs is factually incorrect. I've worked with your IT to get a DKIM on Cloudflare. The trouble is that their DKIM is possibly incompatible with Homesteads system. But this is causing issues whether you have a DKIM or not. This is a new issue now that most systems are now requiring DKIMs to avoid spam. This should be addressed by Homestead. 

Brand User

3.4K Messages

• 

77.7K Points

Users of Sitebuilder Plus were directed to use a 3rd party company to get an SSL if they didn't want to rebuild their site with WebsiteBuilder. Cloudflare is still a 3rd party company, though. Homestead does not support DKIM and the only way to get one is through a 3rd party company like Cloudflare managing your nameservers. I'm sorry, but if you're having issues with your DKIM, we cannot troubleshoot this with you because it is outside of Homestead. A DKIM can certainly help prevent spoofing and mitigate spam issues, but it still isn't required. I will pass along your suggestion that DKIM is important. 

36 Messages

• 

420 Points

2 separate questions

1) So are you telling me that if we use WebSiteBuilder that we don't need Cloudflare (you supply the SSL) and that the DKIM and DMARK functions of emails ( through RoundCube) will be handled by Homestead? 

2) If RoundCube doesn't handle these 2 functions, does the Gmail suite have these?

Everyone uses DKIM. I can show your IT 6 DMARK reports a DAY I am getting. This is costing me both time and money. It almost seems like you are forcing me to leave.

Brand User

3.4K Messages

• 

77.7K Points

2 m ago

There are multiple reasons why an email would land into a spam folder, but there are a few things we can do to help prevent it or to help begin fixing the problem. You can ask your customers to begin saving your email address to their contacts, and also offer an option to opt out of messages. When it comes to providing phone numbers and physical addresses in your signature, less is more. What this means is you would want to provide just one phone number, or one physical address if necessary for your signature. 
Lastly, it is important to keep in mind that Homestead uses a shared email server with other Homestead customers. It may be worth looking into professional email options, such as ConstantContact, Google Workspace, or any other premium services.

11 Messages

• 

358 Points

I noticed that this has even happened on my personal Yahoo account when I do save the email addresses to my contacts - they still often go to spam. We do not have much in our signatures, but it sounds like Homestead is pushing us to go with more of a premium option in order to spend more money. 

Brand User

3.4K Messages

• 

77.7K Points

It definitely sounds like Yahoo has something about your domain or email blacklisted. There is unfortunately nothing we can do to help that. Your email DNS is correct, there is no suspension or anything wrong with your email on our end. We use a shared server for emails and we constantly rotate IP addresses to prevent issues from other people sending spam on our servers. We do as much as we can on our end to prevent email issues, but at a certain point, it's out of our hands. That is where the solution of upgrading to a premium email service comes into play.