B

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

Mon, Jun 20, 2022 11:08 PM

How do I start the process to move a site builder site to website builder?

I know I have to rebuild my existing site on website builder, but how do I begin this process? Do I start with Add a New Website? Can I rebuild the site on website builder with the other site's still up? Does the domain automatically transfer? 

Brand User

524 Messages

• 

25K Points

10 d ago

Hello!
You can click Add A New Website, and then select a template that you can begin editing. While you begin building the new website, your existing site will stay online. Once you are ready to associate your domain from your SB+ site to your new WB website, you would just need to go to the Domains page, click Change Domain Association, and then select your new WebsiteBuilder site.

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

@todd_h​ Thank you. I'll get started on that right away. Appreciate the quick response. 

Brand User

524 Messages

• 

25K Points

No problem at all, please let us know if you run into any issues or have any other questions about this process!

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

Hi Todd, When I tried to ADD A NEW WEBSITE, it said the website name already exists. Should I give it a generic name while creating the web builder site to replace the site builder site, then change the domain associate when I'm done? Thanks. 

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

Yes, give it a temporary name. Then, you'll associate the domain when you're done. 

9 Messages

• 

190 Points

Thank you for confirming. I'll get started on it today.