michelle1108's profile

25 Messages

• 

520 Points

Mon, Oct 3, 2022 4:57 AM

Website I created not connecting to domain name

I set up PoolCleaning101.homesteadcloud.com and a few days ago connected it to my new domain name poolcleaning101.com.  I changed the nameservers on GoDaddy like I have done many times before and according to instructions from Homestead.  Once it showed under Domains I even went in and edited the site and published it because I remember in the past I had to do that.  I waited several days for it to show connected to the new domain and it still comes up that it is not found when the domain name is typed in.

When I type in www.PoolCleaning101.com in the browser bar I receive this message:

This www.poolcleaning101.com page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: http://www.poolcleaning101.com/

HTTP ERROR 404

Also, in the past under domains it lets me activate SSL but when I click on the link it says

Domain cant be verified as it doesn't exist on builder

I have no idea why it is not working.  I don't know what else to try.  Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE:  It has now been 4 days or so and the domain has not connected to the website even though when I click on it to edit it shows www.poolcleaning101.com instead of the homesteadcloud.com site.  I really need help with this.  The nameservers were added and I checked and they are listed correctly on GoDaddy.  I am hearing impaired so I don't want to have to call in on the phone when I have always received help here before.  I would appreciate any info or ideas of what I can do to make the site I built on Homestead to connect to my domain name above and also let me activate the SSL certificate which I have always been able to do with previous websites.

Brand User

6.5K Messages

• 

106.3K Points

2 months ago

Hello, 

The domain encountered an error connecting to the website. I have reset this on my end. Please follow these instructions to secure your domain:

‎WebsiteBuilder: SSL | Homestead Community

25 Messages

• 

520 Points

@elyzabethv​ Thanks.  I checked and the domain it finally loaded.  I appreciate your help so much!