Skip to main content

9 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

Sat, Dec 3, 2016 7:19 PM

Closed

Website association problems

Hey folks, I could use some help, as I'm having a really frustrating time trying to get my domain associations correct. 

My main domain is SanDiegoTicketExpert.com. I have another domain, YourTrafficTicketDismissed.com, that I've had redirecting to the SanDiegoTicketExpert.com site for some time. 

I finally finished an updated version of the SanDiegoTicketExpert.com site with the new websitebuilder using the placeholder name sandiegoticketexpert.homesteadcloud.com, and published it today. However, no matter what I do, I cannot make both of my domains, SanDiegoTicketExpert.com and YourTrafficTicketDismissed.com, associate with the new website and accessible at the SanDiegoTicketExpert.com domain - one or the other says "page not found" no matter what combination of associations I try. 

Even more frustrating is that I keep getting the message "Sorry, you have experienced an unexpected server error.You have experienced an unexpected server error. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. Please try again later." When clicking "save" with the domain association combination I believe is correct, which is having both sites associated with sandiegoticketexpert.homesteadcloud.com, but obviously accessed by users just entering the SanDiegoTicketExpert.com domain.

I've instituted a stopgap measure that allows me to publish the new website under SanDiegoTicketExpert.com (which is my main and most important domain) and made what amounts to a just a dummy website for YourTrafficTicketDismissed.com so that at least something asking users to manually access my primary domain by a link is there, rather than "page not found." This hurts my business, because although YourTrafficTicketDismissed.com is an old domain, I still receive a  fair amount of traffic to this site which until now was automatically redirected to SanDiegoTicketExpert.com.  

Any advice or technical support would be much appreciated, because I'm ready to break my keyboard at this point. Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!