Skip to main content

73 Messages

• 

4.1K Points

Fri, Dec 19, 2014 4:44 AM

Closed

Creating "m" subdomain/Homestead-built (NOT Duda) mobile site

I built a duda site a while back.  It didn't work for me.  What I'd like to do is create m.(my site) as a subdomain and target a specific page that is more mobile friendly.  I took all the necessary steps and the chat "help" person confirmed that all the steps I had taken were correct and that it would take up to 24 hours for the subdomain to kick in.

Well, sitebuilder says it could take up to 20 MINUTES and currently I'm getting what appears to be a duda "page not found" when I go to m.(my site).

I am clearly impatient but partially because I'm not convinced "help" gave me accurate information.  My guess is that a setting needs to be changed to that when the "m." subdomain is accessed, Homestead knows to look for the Homestead subdomain, NOT a duda-built site.

So, in short -- am I just impatient and need to wait the 24 hours?  Or, has anyone else done this and were there additional steps that need to take place.

(I've created several subdomains throughout the course of time without a problem and none have ever taken more than 20 minutes to become active.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!