Skip to main content

15 Messages

• 

538 Points

Fri, May 1, 2015 1:40 AM

Closed

Apr. 30. 2015 - Homestead Chat Tech has harmed my site with outdated codes

I am sick over this.  The Chat Tech, today, said that my site needed all these codes. The Chat Tech took about 8  minutes to enter "CODES" that he said, was needed.
What an incredible mess.  I just logged on to my site and I received this info, from Homestead:

1.  IDENTITY OF THIS WEBSITE has been verified by COMODO SSC CA  but does not have public audit records.

- The Site is using outdated security settings that may prevent versions of Chrome from being able to safely access it.

- Certificate Info   (FYI - Homestead associates, that Certificate Info is a link that I can double click on for further info.)

2.  Your connection to SiteBuilder.Homestead.com is encrypted with obsolete cryptography.

The Connection uses TLS 1.2
The Connection s encrypted using AES-256-CBC, with SHA 1 for message authentication and RSA as the key exchange.

! SITE INFO - You have never visited this site before.

Also, when I logged on to the site, the HTTP. was crossed out in Red.
I have never seen that in all the years I have had my Homestead site.

HELP -- How can Homestead have Chat Techs cause such damage.  I have no knowledge of what to do at all.  I am a classical musician with a Homestead music site!

Homestead needs to fix this ASAP!  Sigh...

Sincerely, Michele R. Kuczuk, Homestead website:  www.BridalMusic.org

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!