fred4984's profile

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

Tue, Sep 14, 2021 4:48 PM

transfering my domain to go daddy and closing my homstead account.

transfering my domain to go daddy and closing my homstead account. 

Responses

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

14 d ago

Hello, 

Here are the instructions to transfer a domain away from Homestead:

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host | Homestead Community

Once the transfer is complete, please call 1-800-710-1998 to get help with closing your account. 

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

14 d ago

hi dear, thanks for your message. I am in overseas hence I cannot telephone USA and need to close my account via emails but your website is not providing email address. How we can do that online as I cannot telephone you.

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

I understand. In that case, once the domain is fully with GoDaddy, respond to this comment to let me know and I will assist you in closing your account. 

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

ok, thank you. have a nice day.

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

hi there, I spoke with GoDaddy and instructed and paid for transformation. However, it takes up to 7 days to activate.

In the meantime, I don't want to pay for renewal so we need to cancel the homestead account.

As the renewal is due and I want to stop the payment, please. Can you stop the payment mannually instead of me going back for refund which is easier to stop the payment, please. But I need 7 more days to make sure that domain transfer takes place.

Since I have paid homestead for more than 10 years.

Can you do that?

Thank yopu

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

11 d ago

Hi there, I paid for transfer, however it could take up to 7 days and at the same time, I do not want to pay for renewal. Can you stop the renewal for me please? And give me additional 7 days service as I paid homestead for more than 10 years.

Please let me know.

Once the domain transfereed I confirm to cancel.

Thank you

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

Hi there, 

Your renewal bill date is 09/28/2021, so even if it takes the full 7 days, you still wouldn't be billed yet. Closing the account could cause problems for the domain transfer, so it is better to leave it open, but as long as you call before the 28th, you won't be billed again. 

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

Hi there, I hope that you are well. My domain has transferred. I am thankful to yopu to close my account today as tomorrow is the billing day and I want the account to be closed before then. Thank you

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

Ok, I was able to get that account closed out. You will not be billed.