Skip to main content

23 Messages

• 

834 Points

Thu, Nov 21, 2013 1:04 AM

Closed

Microdata for proper identification of my pages by Facebook, Google and others

My Simple Store product pages have facebook, twitter and pinterest buttons. Concerning the facebook button: I do not see Open Graph tags on my product pages when I view the source code, so how can facebook accurately interpret my simple store product pages... for example, how can facebook get the image right when someone "likes" one of my products? Since my simple store is an app on facebook, can I input the appropriate open graph tags there? (I am not able to manipulate the code on individual product pages of simple store in site builder.)

Google prefers a different variety of microdata (other than open graph tags)... they like the schema,org variety of microdata. In general what microdata should I be incorporating into my pages, not just simple store, but all my pages, to make them as comprehensible as possible to linked social media pages or search engines? Can you recommend supplemental reading to go with Facebook's coverage of using open graph tags?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!