J

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

Monday, October 24th, 2022 12:15 AM

I can't submit CNAME record...

I signed up for a service (Benchmark Email) that requires me to add two CNAME records with my domain provider, Homestead.  I successfully added the first CNAME record by copying and pasting...easy!  When I do the exact same thing for the second CNAME, upon clicking the "submit" button, I get a red box around the Host Name entry.  Apparently, Homestead doesn't like the "Host" provided to me by the other service.  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

This is what I am unable to submit...

Host Name:  1502623._domainkey

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 months ago

I sent an email to Benchmark, to which I promptly received a response.  They confirmed I had the correct information and that I should reach out to my IT Team (which I don't have) or my domain service provider.  Now how do I get help?

Brand User

7.1K Messages

• 

112.2K Points

3 months ago

Hello, 

Unfortunately, our system cannot accept special characters in the host name. If you need this record added, you may need to go through a 3rd party to host your nameservers and DNS, like Cloudflare. 

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 months ago

Thank you.  Things would have been so much simpler if Homestead's system could have accepted special characters in the host name.  But, since it could not... yes, Cloudflare was the answer for me!  I created a free account and was able to add the CNAME.  Unfortunately, I was still having some issues after I thought I had completed all the necessary steps.  When I contacted Homestead again, the rep was nice enough and able to assist with the final step that I had missed.  The process was frustrating for someone like myself with limited experience dealing with DNS records, but the Homestead reps I spoke with were very knowledgeable and able to help!  Thanks for your response.