Skip to main content
Brand User

647 Messages

• 

44K Points

Tue, Jun 16, 2020 1:01 PM

Data Migration from Roundcube to G Suite

Data Migration from Roundcube to G Suite

You can create both G Suite and Roundcube mailboxes under the same/different domains.

You can create G Suite mailboxes with the same/different email address as your existing Roundcube mailbox.

*Use the temporary password provided upon the G suite account creation. The Roundcube password is also set to this temporary password and can be used to access Roundcube. The password can be changed after login*

In order to transfer the data from Roundcube to G Suite, you need to:

1. GSuite Admin- login to admin dashboard https://admin.google.com/ac/home
    Click on Data migration

2. Click on link “SET DATA MIGRATION UP”

3. Select Migration Source= IMAP, item Type= Email, Connection Protocol= IMAP

4. IMAP Server Address= imap.homestead.com

5. Enter RC Email address and Password

6. On Configuration Setting page, Select Migration Start Date, Migration Options and Add Destination (G Suite Email Address)

7. Hit START button

Data Migration is started and Status is shown as Initializing, as soon as migration is completed Status is shown as Complete
Now the RC emails should have been transferred to G Suite mailbox

Responses

20 Messages

• 

664 Points

4 months ago

I followed the steps to migrate the data from my roundcube email account with the same email address but it's telling me it cannot verify the information entered. So now I lost all of the emails from roundcube.

Brand User

2.2K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

Hello,

Have you verified you are using the IMAP setting and have entered the username and password correct. If anything auto fills make sure to re-type it to be sure. 

20 Messages

• 

664 Points

Yes. I will try again and screenshot what is entered.

20 Messages

• 

664 Points

Brand User

2.2K Messages

• 

54.3K Points

I see that you have contacted support to get this resolved. 

20 Messages

• 

664 Points

Yes. My only complaint is that only archived emails were migrated. Any email that was in my inbox did not migrate. So I lost a lot of information.