Skip to main content

23 Messages

• 

834 Points

Thu, Aug 29, 2013 2:02 AM

Closed

As Google Sees It, Deleted Pages/URLs (are still) Linking from My Site

Why, or just exactly how is it that my XML Sitemap, (which I created at http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/), is conveying URLs (to Google) of pages that I deleted from my site before creating this Sitemap? More specifically, when I investigate "crawl errors" using Google Webmaster Tools, I find URLs THAT ARE LINKED FROM MY SITE, (and not from other domains), which are NOT in my file manager- because I deleted those pages. It's understandable that a page that I deleted could still be linking from another domain- but how is a deleted page linking FROM my domain??

Also, I have noticed that when a "site preview" is executed along with publishing a page, images on my master-page from an EARLIER version of my site show in the preview, whereas my published site shows current master-page images.

How long does it take Homestead's servers- or do they ever really- eradicate pages or images that I have deleted from my site?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!