V

4 Messages

• 

104 Points

Tue, May 3, 2022 4:03 AM

Accessibility/Inclusion-Failed

Hi, All:

I ran an audit on my website to test for accessibility for people with disabilities, and the message I received afterwards was, "Failed. You have a long way to go to become compliant." Homestead, please assist so that I can ensure my site is accessible to all.

As a note, when I was adding the "tags," nothing with disability or accessibility automatically generated. This should be a "front-burner" topic and not an afterthought, as we all will be impacted by disability during our lifetime. 

Thank you.

Brand User

5.2K Messages

• 

94.7K Points

2 m ago

Hello, 

Unfortunately, I can't advise you on how to make your website more accessible as that is a legal issue. However, if you have a specific question about how to do something in the builder, I would be happy to help.

4 Messages

• 

104 Points

2 m ago

Hello: Thanks for writing and for your willingness to help. I appreciate this! I got an email today, and they said that I need to add a script on the page. Do you know anything about that? :) They sent me the script. I am going to keep trying.

Legally, all our websites should be accessible. However, they should be accessible as a standard. None of us should want to be susceptible to suits, ha.

Thanks again!

Shon

4 Messages

• 

104 Points

2 m ago

UPDATE: My site is now in compliance. People with all types of disabilities can access and fully experience my website.