elana2826's profile

42 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Tue, Oct 11, 2022 3:05 PM

BullCrap Busters Website

I just received the following announcement from the Regional Manager of Homestead:

“Hello Elana LaOra,

We want to make you aware that this Wednesday (10/12) and Saturday (10/15), there will be scheduled maintenance. This may either result in a brief period of downtime (15- 20 minutes) or up to 2 hours of latency issues.

During this maintenance window, the editing of Homestead websites may be inaccessible and your websites may experience downtime. All operations, including editing websites, publishing content, and viewing websites will resume immediately after our maintenance window.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause but will have service resumed as quickly as possible.”

For the last two years my BullCrap Busters Website both the URL and the html have been censored off of both Yahoo and Bing search engines.  Homestead said the search engines are doing this.  I contacted the search engines and they said they are not doing this.

I have been a patron of Homestead for nine years now but I have not ever received a notice that Homestead is going to perform a scheduled maintenance.

I love Homestead.  Homestead has the best tools.

So my question is -

Is this a new procedure from Homestead?

Or

Does this really mean that my website is going to be censored off of the web, altogether, forever?

See www.bullcrapbusters.com the home page for details.

Elana Laham (name changed to LaOra)

Author of the BullCrap Busters Website

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

105.8K Points

2 months ago

Hello Elana, 

I'm actually the one who sent this email, at the request of our engineering team. They are simply switching over to a different set of servers and have to move the content of all of our customer's websites from one center to another. It has nothing to do with your website specifically and will not take your website offline for long. Nothing will change afterward. You've never seen an email like this because this is not something that we have to do often. I believe the last time might have been 2012. 

42 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

@elyzabethv​ 

Hi Elyzabethv,

Thank you for your prompt and informative email.

Elana LaOra

BullCrap Busters Website

(edited)

9 Messages

• 

678 Points

Elyzabethv, when you say "simply"? It has been over 24 hours of no service for me.

Brand User

703 Messages

• 

26.7K Points

We do apologize for the service disruptions and issues. I do see you have contacted support, unfortunately there is not much else I can provide here but I can report that services are restored as of right now. 

42 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

Todd H.,

Are you telling Homestead's customer Edgar 6303 that if his website does not come back on the web Homestead cannot do anything about it because services have been restored since Homestead's maintenance is now over?

If this is what you are communicating this does not make any sense because Homestead is our web hosting company since we pay Homestead to host us on the web.  So if any issues arise in which a website for whatever reason is not on the web it is for Homestead to solve such a problem. 

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

105.8K Points

No, he was saying "I see you contacted support" and that he couldn't provide more information than phone support was able to do, which would have been to inform him that we are aware of the issues caused by the migration and are working on resolving it as quickly as possible.